Friday, March 6, 2009

12 Acres and Almost No Dog

In Bailey's 3 1/2 short years, she has tried many times (unwittingly) to leave this earth. First, she found and ate a box of Decon. When such an incident occurs, one must learn how to make a Rottweiler/Husky vomit up a nasty green mass with only his wits and hydrogen peroxide. Here's a tip - turkey baster.
Next, she took herself and me on a 3 mile wild dog chase across the prairie which only ended when she was kicked by a horse. She limped for a day, but my anger lasted a week.

Her latest escapade is escaping from the dog run followed by the yard. This is only dangerous to animals that lack the ability to watch for cars. Two times this week she has jumped her chain link fence dog run and then the chain link fence that surrounds the rest of the yard. I can't really blame her, we have had so much snow this year that the fence has gotten increasingly shorter. So, yesterday and today I spent a lot of time chipping away the glacier-like snow around the perimeter of the yard. To her credit, she did stay near the house instead of bolting for the nearest highway, or mountain lion. Maybe she's growing up.

We often say that Bailey is lucky we found her before someone with a lot less patience did, but how can you stay mad at a face like that.

In other news:

The broccoli has sprouted!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness... I feel like I'm seeing the very beginnings of a happy, healthy garden. I love it!

    ReplyDelete